Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Why am I afraid to write?

Why am I afraid to write?
Many times when I am out and about or just in my house I think of things to write about. But usually I forget about these thoughts if I don't make notes right away. I bought a recorder, but I don't use it. I could use my phone, but I forget.
I really want to write, but why do I scare myself away from it. What makes me less than any other person who is attempting to create something interesting and beautiful with words.
Instead of writing when I think about it I feel I need to schedule my writing. Friday at 1pm? or Monday at 3? Why can't I just write when I have an idea? And why in the world to I have the best ideas at 1am?

What is it about being a perfectionist that craves order in life, but never seems to have it.

So here is to a new leaf. I can do this!

No comments: